Monday 8 October 2012

Leave a Comment

Life is not a bed of roses in Bollywood: Deepika Padukone


Life is not bed of roses in B-Town: Deepika
Life is not bed of roses in B-Town: Deepika
Elegant and laborious actress Deepika Padukone easily transforms herself into the character she portrays. More importantly, she enjoys what she does. Her off-screen appearance is always that of a traditional girl wearing modern attires. 'Sakhi' tried to catch up with this attractive actress and have an insight about her thoughts on life and career. Excerpts from the interview…
Rising expectations
I know that people’s expectations from me have risen but this does not make me nervous. I do not think about my responsibilities during the shooting of a film. I work with my heart and soul. If I start thinking about the expectations and responsibilities I won’t be able to enjoy my work.
Faith of audience
When people start developing faith in you as an actor then films flopping at the box-office hardly matters. It is true that hit films will make my career graph zoom up but no one can run away from flop films. For me, the most important thing is that the audience loves me, they go to the theatres to watch my film having faith in me.
Family support  
My co-actors who are of my age, like Sonkashi, Sonam, Ranbir or Imran, have filmy background which surely benefit them in some way or the other. They can depend on their family or consult them regarding any professional query like what to do and which film to sign, with whom to work? I do not come from a filmy background. That is why my family’s suggestions are only for my comfort. My family always supports me and so I am here.
No mistakes
As far as my decisions are concerned I do not think I have taken any wrong ones. All those film offers which got rejected either was not make or the ones which hit the theatres becaming super flops.
Where is glamour?
I have heard girls saying that they want to become actress because films are full of glamour. I want to tell them that film world is not as glamorous as it seems from outside. People who know this industry from close quarters are aware of this. Life is not easy here. One has to do many sacrifices and compromises in this industry.
Fitness
I believe that a healthy body should be everyone’s priority. My suggestion to all is to combine a healthy diet with proper workout. You will neither lose your weight nor be healthy if just go for any one of the above. Apart from all these, healthy and positive thinking are must. For me, fitness doesn’t mean to be slim. Most essential thing is to feel healthy from inside.
Live life king size
It is important to do everything as a woman. She is required to do many things at one time. I also do the same. If a group of boys are playing cricket I can also join them and if girls are working in the kitchen I can help them out in cooking. In life, it is important to do things other than your profession. We have got only one life and so we should cherish its value.
Marriage and career
A woman’s priority changes with time. Her life changes completely after marriage. The responsibility of family and kids increases. With this, most of the actresses voluntarily retire from films owing to the added responsibilities after marriage. But there are exceptions to this like Kajol and Madhuri Dixit. Both of them have balanced their personal and professional life very well. As far as I am concerned, I will try to maintain a balance between my family and career after marriage. I will continue acting in films along with looking after my family.
Deepika is simple and grounded: Imran Khan

On the first day of rehersals for our movie ‘Break Ke Baad’, I realized that my chemistry with Deepika would gel. She is a very nice girl, simple and grounded. She is hard-working. Deepika takes care of people around her which I really admire. It is very hard to spot such a person in the film industry. She is not concerned about money and fame. She just wants to do good work.
She has the passion to excel in life: Pradeep Sarkar

I have done several TV commercials with Deepika as well as the film ‘Lafange Parindey’. She can blend herself in any look and style. I have noticed the spark of excelling in life in her. Every time she has made me realise her fighting spirit. Deepika has the passion to succeed, to improve. She has her own style which makes her stand apart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment