Thursday 11 October 2012

Leave a Comment

Bollywood 'Shahenshah' Big B turns 70


Bollywood 'Shahenshah' Big B turns 70
Bollywood 'Shahenshah' Big B turns 70
New Delhi: God of Indian cinema the mega star Amitabh Bachchan turns 70 on Thursday. The wrinkles are visible more than ever on his face; the mortal body getting weaker day by day but the charm and warm in his character still has the power to hypnotize anybody easily.  Despite 40 odd years in Bollywood, the ageing actor is not the one to rest on his laurels. He is back to woo his fans with KBC 6 which is said to be the highest TRP gainer of this year. From a not much hyped debut with ‘Saat Hindustani’ in 1969 to essay a role of 12 years old Progeria kid in Paa, Big B has come a long way.
On asking about his birthday plans and gifts, Amitabh said, I look forward to spending time with my family. All the gifts and presents that I needed have already come my way - the blessings of my parents, which I consider the greatest gift, and their presence in my life through all the upbringing that they gave me."
Happy Birthday Big B!


It was earlier reported that wife Jaya Bachchan and designer duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla are planning a big surprise bash for the actor. "A million interviews, a million good wishes and a million desires of continuance... birthday at 70 seems special to some. Just another day for me," tweeted Bachchan.
However, this birthday seems to be very special for Big B as his 10 months old granddaughter Aaradhya keeps him busy always. “My family - my wife Jaya and the two wonderful gifts that she gave me - Abhishek  and  Shweta and now the bahu (daughter-in-law) in the house, Aishwarya, and the little (granddaughter) Aaradhya... so these are my wonderful gifts and no one can replace them," said the megastar.
No wonder his milestone birthday is the talk of the town. If the celebrations were in his hands, the busy star would have wanted some rare, quiet time with his family. But close ones of Big B want to
make it big - reportedly with a huge dinner party Oct 10, an art show, poster exhibition and book launch on the big day.
"My family this time round wants to have celebration on my birthday. I have heard that it might be celebrated on Oct 10 at night. I absolutely don't have any idea about it and nobody is ready to disclose anything about it (to me)," he said.
Though this megastar doesn’t like any fuss or big party on his birthday, he loves to get surprises from his close ones. "I don't see why there should be so much fuss, but sometimes you have to go with what friends, well wishers and family wish to do for you and you comply with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment